Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Times they are a changin'

I'm on my way to Jaipur today. Finally the day is here when I will actually be visiting the store. With so much of hard work gone in the least that I wanted to do was be at the store when it was launched in Hyderabad. But I suppose someone somewhere (is it god or is it destiny or is it just like that) had different ideas. And thus none of my team members excluding our boss made it to the store as per her own dictum ("There are a people too many already did she say?"). But how times change and how the minma soon gives way to something towards a higher side. A brighter side. That's what I was actually telling a friend of mine today. In mathematic terms from a minima you have only two ways to go. And both go up. Life is something similar. If you've hit a local minima the only way to go in life would be towards happiness. Off course my engineer friends and those who know maths may argue otherwise as well saying that from a local minima you could go downhill also! To them I'll say I'm talking about an absolute one that you feel from within yourself. And if its a local one from where you are going downhill, well that just means that so far you were on a high!!
So to come to think of it you should have already been feeling happy for being where you were.
Coming back to my own times, just a week back I was in another team. Wondering what was I doing. Wondering when am I gonna switch. It was inevitable and I knew it was happening and yet it was somewhat taxing. No work is worse than excess of work. So just as I was wondering what am I doing there, I came in here wondering what am I gonna do here. Off course I have realised and know what I would like to be doing but given my experience I knew not all is always in your hands. Specially when it comes to bosses. But as luck would have it, 5 days into the team and I'm gonna be doing what I have been wishing to do for the past 2 months. I know the usual suspects in the stomach and what's in store ahead might not exactly be a smooth sail and there could be unpleasanteries as well. But at least I will be giving myself a chance. A chance to succeed or a chance to fail. That's what brings in the excitement in life after all. The unpredictability of life is one of its attributes that makes it so very beautiful and worth living.

I just hope that the next three months in this stint would be something that I will learn a lot from. So with fingers crossed and a happy heart I head back home.

No comments: