Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dream that I would live to live ?

The dream was always running ahead of me. To catch up, to live for a moment in unison with it, that was the miracle. - Anais Nin


Incidence 1: Yours truely goes into one of his introspective mode. Usual questions. Questions without answers. What am I? Is this what I want to be? What's the dream that I really want to pursue? Etc etc etc

Coincidence 1: My best friend from college sends me the URL of our classmate's blog.

Coincidence 2: I meet up another very good friend from L and he ends up discussing with me the same thing.

Coincidence 3: Someone close to my heart repeats an almost same thing though in a different context (more towards the futility of expecting something out of mundane office life).

And I thought its more than just co-incidence and perhaps I would do well to capture the thoughts that come across my mind on this regard.

What makes up the dreams? Why is it that we keep chasing them? They are broken they are shattered? Then we build more or we just lose hope? "Hope", the biggest strength as well as the biggest weakness of ours. What is it that differentiates them from goals? What is the fascination about dreams that makes them so more wonderful than mere goals? Is it their sublimity or is it the fact that they propel us into a world of imagination and illusions. Illusions that we want to turn into reality. Do the goals lose the charm of dreams because they seem more attainable and appear closer to reality. Much like the world of celluloid, which is so far from reality and yet on those few occasions it metamorphoses itself into a world so much believable.

So what are the answers? I wish I had them. I so wish I don't have them. Reason ? Well, partly because I feel the day we fulfill all the dreams the road will come to an end. The day we cease to dream we cease to exist. The journey of self discovery starts from the direction that our dreams show. If we have no directions we practically have no road. Indeed dreams are the catalyst. Catalyst for life. Without them the reaction of life may still continue but without the spark, speed or excitement. Its up to us to choose. We chose a life full of dreams : dreams fulfilled, some unfulfilled and yet others broken OR a listless lifeless routine till we reach the end like others. The end where there will be those who would have come in hoards without dreams. Some who would have tired out before reaching there. And yet others who would have come by the roads less travelled. Where it wasn't just any other road. But a boulevard lined with the trees of our dreams. They would have tasted the fruits of joy. Been stung by the thorns of allurements. The bitter taste of unhappiness would have yielded to sweetness of success or the other way.

And thus those who would have dreamt without the fear of fulfilling them or losing them would know the power of dreams. Power to shape lives. Power to enjoy life. Power to be what they would ever have wanted to be.

Dreams pass into the reality of action। From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living - Anais Nin

No comments: