Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The year that was

The year that was ...

Year 2006 was a memorable one for me. For various reasons ranging from my wonderful trips to the start of second leg of my career to what I gained and what I lost. Its start was marked by the lightest of terms in IIM Lucknow - Term VI. With the fact that exams were round the corner and the placement preparation in full flow I surprised myself by not worrying about either of the two and focusing on pushing PRiSM - The Marketing Cell to a higher level in Manfest. And I was happy that at the end of the day, we made a mark. Thanks to all fellow prismiites and the enthusiasm shown we came up trumps. The successful co-ordination made me learn a lot. Soon the events took a turn for the better. Being eligible for the HEPP (Higher entry placement program) I had put in the CV for a few firms (barring the IT sector with the exception of IBM). Soon I had the offer from IBM with a question about the profile. The profile not being to my liking I had to leave the offer. And then came the cakewalk called Reliance retail, which in the hind sight looks like the right decision I made.

But this was all academic and professional which went on fine. More happier were the personal moments. The moments that added to me as a person and the moments that showed me the various colours of life. From the touching moment of attending Convo in front of my dad and watching his expressions of joy to the happy times during HP trip. In between I made so many new friends at the workplace. Strengthened the old ties. Failed. Failed again. Failed yet again. And continue to fail.. Still going on. Going on strong hopefully.

Travelling got onto another high. Starting with Mukteshwar on new year, to Rishikesh, to Lakshadweep and capping it with snow in Fagu. Health as usual went through the ups and downs. The parties took a different colour altogether. Landed in the city of Mumbai, the city of excesses as I call it. Have been travelling in the locals. Life has become a frenzy of activities. I miss the campus. I miss the "weekends" coz its six days a week working for me. Two of my cousins got married. Three of my friends got married and the rest also took the plunge in the process.

So if I look back, its been one of the most enriching of the years of my life. I think IIM Lucknow deserves special mention for that and then my closest friends. They know who they are so I need not take names. I just want to thank them though I know I can't thank them enough. Off course my family has also stood behind me as always. I can't even think of thanking them coz I know I can't ever do that enough.

So that was 2006 in short .. Lets see how 2007 turns up ..

2 comments:

Akanksha said...

The last para is straight out of an oscar speech!! But its ok, we understand, its the award season...even though none of us has yet given you a 'Best classmate in a friendly role'!! :D

contrarian said...

Yaar life bhar acting karne ke baad bhi kisi ne oscar toh diya nahi. So I thought if not the award, at least speech he sahi.