Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another "business" trip

Another trip, another day, another experience. My friend said that I seem to be regaining my flair for writing that I possessed in the past. I don't know about the flair but if I continue to travel like this I have no reason to not have the content to write on. I came for a whirlwind official trip to Hyderabad again. Stayed with my cousin today. Had not been able to attend his marriage and met after a gap of around 2 years at least. We have been best friend sorts more than anything else. And he hasn't changed too much since the time I met him last. And it felt good that he hadn't. Somethings are more valuable if they don't change. Being crystallised in time they teach us and remind us. Human values are one such domain. He met me with so much of warmth that I just forgot all my tiredness or illness. Meeting bhabhi for the first time was also great and it just told me that in times to come I'll enjoy this constancy in this relationship. Besides home food was such a pleasant experience for a change.
The day in the office was regular business. One of my first high level meeting went smoother than I had expected with me fielding all the questions with ease.
The funniest moment of the day however came in at the airport yet again : Courtsey a Telugu movie trailer being shown. Imagine the Hero facing a villain with another villain standing around ten feet behind the hero. The villain behind the hero throws a spear at the hero. And hero with seemingly eyes behind his head catches it with ease. But that just ain't enough, more to come yet. In a split second reaction he rotates the spear and "reverse" throws it back (without actually looking back!!). And viola, like a villain seeking missile the spear follows a flat trajectory (did we learn Physics enough or did we miss some gravity defying laws??) before hitting the villain. Nevertheless movies take the liberty in defying science so no comments on that. But this scene had me in splits. Hats off to such kind of cinema.
(In the next scene by the way the hero was soon gyrating in hillarious PT cum Shocked steps.)
Am on the flight back now and the flight attendents are at work as usual, labouriously. Their crew captain is trying to make some "noises". Ya am calling that noise coz I couldn't get half of what she's trying to say. Would someone please teach them the basic of saying things slowly and clearly instead of trying to match the speed of plane in speaking as well. And for god sake the more of this anglicised/stylised version of Hindi accent the more I would feel sorry for Hindi.
Ok .. Enough of criticism. The cold has just got to my head perhaps. So i'll try to switch off.

No comments: