Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A new beginning to find the start ..

Before I start on this journey I would like to give someone the credit where its due. This is for someone who helped me find a name for this blog and someone who has enriched my life so much and added a new dimension to my thoughts. So this is a tribute to her.

The Prologue: This is finally a new beginning. A new beginning of giving form to my thoughts. Thoughts that flood me a moment and then desert me. The moment that I would long to last till the last but the longing is what gets long before the words fail to become a song. The moment which I would try to stick to before it disappears in sliding sands (credit to Maddy - for these words) ..So this is an attempt to capture those moments.

Today I would like to begin with an insight on the word that I have chosen to sign off my posts with - "Contrarian"

con‧trar‧i‧an[kuhn-trair-ee-uhn]
–noun a person who takes an opposing view, esp. one who rejects the majority opinion, as in economic matters.

Though i've got nothing to do with economic matters its a contradiction itself for I love that subject. On that note I would share my belief that I so strongly hold - "80% of the people in this world are alike who would want the other 20% to become a part of their tribe" (Didn't Pereto discover something great ? )". But at the same time its the other 20% who make the world change. These agents of change (towards white or black) are the powerhorses who either bring the other 80% to submission or make them ashamed or inspire them to greater heights. I don't know if I am in those 20% but I surely hope/aspire to be in them. And thus the definition of this contrarian. A restless soul who wants to swim against the tide of his own expectation. Fly against the wind of social storms. Erupt like a volcano in the sea of oblivious existence to create an island of solitude. An island where anyone on the journey of self discovery is welcome. Anyone who can contribute to his learning of life and add to its beauty.

Someone told me i'm verbose. So I would prefer brevity in my first thought. I hope I've peeked into myself rather than giving you who might be reading this a peek into me.

Chale the hum khojne khud ko,
ek talaash ekaant main,
karwaan saath ho liya kab,
pata na chala,
bheed main bhi hum akele,
koi samajh na saka,
duniya disha dikhaati rahi,
aur hum raah talashte rahe |

Till the next time .. hopelessly hopeful of coming back soon ..

No comments: