Sunday, January 6, 2008

Picture of the year

Well I'm not well versed with tagging but this one is for Madhuri. I am supposed to post the best picture that I took in 2007 and the reason why it was my best. Well had to give a lot of thought to it. There were quite a few options from my various trips particularly Manali where we felt so close to heaven. But then there it was expected to have that feeling of exultation. There was the option of Matheran which will remain in my memory for forever perhaps. But those are private moments to be kept to myself. So finally the one that I've arrived at is one I took at Marine Drive.



The reasons why its special? One for its spontaniety that I captured it with. A spur. And then the way it gave, to me, reflection on life. With all its colours. The sun as the symbol of hope. The darkness in life. The crowd. The traffic. The need to negotiate. Signals pointing in all directions and yet no indication of red, yellow or green ironically. And yet the beauty of it. The beauty of life. So I'd rate this not so special and yet special snap as the best I clicked in 2007. Hope more to come in 2008.

P.S : Can't think of passing it on Maddy .... Sorry ;)

2 comments:

Madhuri said...

Ah finally! Thank you - much obliged. I was expecting a Matheran pic really :-)

contrarian said...

Well I guess we all keep certain things closely guarded from public eye ;)