Sunday, August 19, 2007

Random ...

Finally I get some time to write and update the blog. Its been a hectic period with more chaos to come forth. Was lucky enough to be in Lucknow the past week and unlucky enough for not being able to spend much time on campus. But there were periods there that left me with a flurry of thoughts some time.

Stage 1 : Distribution centre of my company - Classic example of "Lakhnawi Andaaz aka Nawaabi Andaaz". Let everything be served on a platter and we'll enjoy it. I wonder if that's not a pan India phenomenon also. Maybe its even inherent in Indians to find the shortest and easiest possible way to not just do the work but even pass it on to someone else as well. I wonder what is it that prevents people from learning or rather even inculcating the desire to learn. Where and at what stage in one's life does one plateau? Be it professional aspect or personal, isn't it that we can always strive to learn? Do we just tire out or do we just give up? Is cynicism inevitable or is it the shadow of much fabled "Tolerance" of Indians - the famous "chalta hai attitude". I don't know myself for I can't imagine myself stagnated. It frustrates me no end to find that I'm not learning. But the more I look for answers around, I see just plain inertia. Be it out of sheer lack of strength or a desire to just be in a cocoon of comfort zone. That's the way we are and that's the way we would be. Is that all that we have to honour ourselves with in the 60th Year of independence?

Stage 2 : IIM-L campus - I met my fellow (junior) PRiSMites. PRiSM has always been close to my heart simply for the friends it gave me and the opportunity it gave me to learn so much. One of the most integral aspects of my campus life at L. But this time campus wore a worn look. As if the buildings were breathing heavily and the absence of my friends made them wear a pale shade of yellow and dull brown. It just told me how an institution is not by its edifices but by the people who run it and form a part of it. Which is why I felt the sense of comfort with the Juniors. However their enthu about girls and girlfriends may have amused me or made me feel a little older the same aspects just made me feel younger and full of life. The campus was at lease reverberating with energy. I miss it. And for all I miss it for the people.

P.S : Latest Null hypothesis (to be proved though there is enough empirical evidence) : The number of people who flunk in a batch is directly co-related to the number of girls in the batch.

Stage 3 : Room in Clarks - Marvellous view. Peaceful. I have come back tired and yet I don't feel that need to crash early. But yes I do feel sleepy at the right time and I get up at the right time. The routine seems to fitting. Reminds me of the rush of Mumbai. And I shudder. Can't life be so peaceful like this everywhere? Reminds me of the song that fits Mumbai so well - seene mein jalan

3 comments:

Madhuri said...

Funny hypothesis - HA HA. Are men really that foolish that just the presence of girls makes their heads go bonkers? C'mon dude you have to think better of your kind :-)

Akanksha said...

Hehe...nobody could have raised a better point, Maddy!! Anyways, this post has made me nostalgic all over again! :(

contrarian said...

Well well .. seems the ladies are uniting (for some cause apparently).
Firstly nowhere does the Hypothesis say that "its only boys who are flunking coz they are going bonkers over girls" .. We don't know the number of your gender forming that group, do we?
Secondly even if we were to think better of our kind, I doubt it will anyways change the way your kind think of us :) So shouldn't we just live up to that image?